Say goodbye to Bad Carbs
It’s no secret that processed carbs should be avoided – they’re loaded with empty calories, extra sugar and gluten leading to inflammation and unwanted weight gain . Unfortunately, common foods we crave such as pasta and noodles are one of the leading ‘bad carb’.
Breaking up with your carb-rich entrée is something you can do slowly, you can use a multigrain pasta of your choice with other healthy and tasty option like zucchini noodles or kelp noodles (50/50 ratio).
If you’re more adventurous go for the whole deal, making veggie noodles is quick and easy as well as kelp noodles. A clean eating program like my Spring detox can lead you to a better understanding of the effects of these bad carbs in your body, helping you to ditch those bad guys that are sabotaging your health.
I made this noodles this week, it took me around 20 minute to prepare the whole dish and believe me it was delicious.
- 1 green plantain (shredded)
- 1 green zucchini (spirilized. I used a Paderno Spiralizer )
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 C. frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- avocado cut in cubes
- 1/2 C. cilantro chopped
- Sauté onions in coconut oil till they're tender, add chilli powder and salt mixing for couple of minutes, add plantain and frozen peas, mix till plantain looks slightly crispy and peas are tender. turn the heat off and add zucchini and tomatoes mixing well.
- Serve topped with avocado cubes and cilantro.