One of my favorite foods is avocados, I love them so much that not having any in the house can be the only reason I go to the grocery store. Let me tell you why avocados are a staple in my house
1. I love that their decadence tastes sinfully delicious, yet it’s the “healthiest” of fats.
2. I love that they make my skin beautiful. The antioxidants in avocados help to get rid of toxins that promote premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. A lot of the toxins on your facial skin are the residue of makeup. Applying 1 mashed avocado as a facial mask (if you don’t end eating it) and leaving it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing will help to remove these toxins and soften the skin. I promise, in the end, you will look ten years younger.
3. I love to use it as a spread on my grain free bread toast with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
4. I love that it makes my hair shiny. One avocado mashed and mixed together with 1 egg and your favorite essential oil is great for conditioning your hair. The healthy oils in the avocado help to moisturize and soften dry and brittle hair, and the vitamin E helps to restore a natural shine to your hair. To obtain these benefits simply massage the avocado and egg mixture into your hair and scalp and leave in for about 20 minutes. Then wash and condition with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
5. I love to use it in my salads. Any kind of salad.
6. I love to use it on my sandwiches in place of mayonnaise.
7. I love that it completes me. Avocados provide all 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to form a complete protein. Unlike the protein in steak, which is difficult for most people to digest, avocado protein is readily absorbed by the body, because avocados also contain fiber. If you are trying to cut down on animal sources of protein in your diet, or if you are a vegetarian or vegan seeking more protein, avocados are a great nutritional ally to include not merely as an occasional treat, but as a regular part of your diet. Highest protein content of any fruit (yes, it’s a fruit).
8. I love to use it in my smoothies to add some creamy richness like in this delicious “Avocado Green Smoothie”
9. I love to scramble it in my egg omelet.
10. I love that it helps me with my ABCs. While avocados have a high caloric count (one avocado is 320 calories), the various nutrients and “healthy” fats make it a must-eat. They are an alphabet of vitamins. One avocado provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6, along with an enormous amount of potassium and “healthy” fat. Perhaps the biggest health benefit of avocados is that by adding avocado to certain foods, you can improve your absorption of nutrients. This means that when you combine other fat burning foods with avocado, you can improve your nutrient absorption up to 400%!
Not bad for such a little fruit. So go ahead and eat some avocado, you’re body will love you for it