One of my staples was fettuccine with Alfredo sauce, I had no idea gluten and dairy were not good for my body, living as a vegetarian pasta was a big part of my diet, when I went GF and dairy free these foods had to go. With time I stop craving them, even the GF pasta is not in my menu anymore, your taste buds change and your body asks for foods rich in nutrients that agree with your individual needs.
Every time I make veggie noodles is a sauce adventure, this time my love for Alfredo sauce started kicking, I’m also in the middle of detoxing and wanted to have a sauce that didn’t use any of the foods that are not allowed during the detox week, that’s how this recipe came to life. This delicious sauce is detox approved.
Husband asked for seconds, even third rounds, so be ready to make a good amount of it. If you don’t use it all it keeps good in the refrigerator for few days. If you like veggie noodles check my zucchini noodles ratatouille or zucchini noodles with a Mexican twist
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 BPA free 15 Oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 C. pumpkin seeds
- 2 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch (see note)
- 1/4 tsp phsyllium husk powder
- 1/4 tsp seaweed seasoning
- 1/4 C. nutritional yeast
- black pepper
- Note: The use of arrowroot depends on the brand of coconut milk used, I love Natural value that it's thinner than other brands, you have to experiment.
- In a small cup mix arrow root and phsyllium with milk till they're very well dissolved
- In a sauce pan sauté garlic with coconut oil
- Add coconut milk mix to the sauté garlic mixing it constantly, add yeast, pumpkin seeds, and salt (if necessary) and pepper
- When starts boiling remove from heat mixing well.
- Serve with your favorite pasta, I used spiralized sweet potatoes and kelp noodles.