I love spaghetti squash, it’s not only delicious but it’s versatile, there are many ways to prepare it and never disappoints me. I normally use it as a substitute for pasta but Today I wanted something different. This stuffed spaghetti squash is very easy to prepare, it looks super beautiful and it’s a very balanced dish. I’ve been working a lot coming out with low carb recipes for my Eat Clean Lean Out 21 Day Program group program starts February 23th (registrations are open), let’s get ready for this absolutely fabulous program with this delicious and super healthy recipe.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 1.2 C. cooked beans
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/3 C. vegan "faux" Parmesan (recipe below)
- Pre-heat oven at 375 F.
- Open spaghetti squash lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon to get a nice and clean inside
- Place the squash facing down in a cookie sheet or baking dish oiled or cover with a silicone mat.
- Bake squash for about 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 15 minutes
- With a fork scrape the inside of the squash to obtain the spaghetti, place it in a bowl
- Start filling the squash, you can use any ingredients you want. I started with a layer of beans, onions, spaghetti, "faux Parmesan.
- Broil for few minutes, be careful the "faux" Parmesan can burn very easy.
- For a faster process you can mix all the ingredients and stuff the squash I just like how it looks making layers.
Vegan “Faux” Parmesan
1 C. raw walnuts
2 C. nutritional yeast
1 C. raw sunflower seeds
1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
Process all ingredients in a food processor till desired consistency.