In a couple of days is Valentine’s day, and the thing that you see every where is chocolate, for me is sad to see the amount of money spent in chocolates that are nothing different than a candy packed of sugar and synthetic fillers. Chocolate is one of the most amazing foods in the world but after is so processed none of its tremendous benefits is left. I was thinking about the relationship between chocolate and Valentine’s, it makes a lot of sense, chocolate is an aphrodisiac, it elevates the mood it makes you happy, chocolate contains phenylethylamine and theobromine, the compound, theobromine helps one to feel stimulated and excited and phenylethylamine improves mood by increasing serotonin levels.
I have several people doing two of my programs right now “Eat Clean Seasonal Detox” and “Eat Clean 21 Day Lean Out” this recipe is for all of you, a detox approved super delicious chocolate treat that everybody else around is going to get crazy for it.
- 2 avocados peeled and pit removed
- 1/3 C. raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 20 drops of stevia
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 BPA free can full fat coconut milk
- In food processor process avocado till creamy
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, stevia and salt, process till everything is well mixed and smooth
- Open the can of coconut milk and separate the fat from the water (it works better if the can is in the refrigerator for few hours)
- Discard water, add the cream to a bowl, with your mixer or hand beaters on high speed, whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks
- Incorporate the chocolate mix into the coconut cream, mix it with mixer only to incorporate them evenly, be sure you don't over mix it
- Serve immediately
- Topped it with cacao nibs or berries
- it can be refrigerated for couple of days
This pudding is raw that means the chocolate has all it’s properties available for you, it’s packed with healthy fats and free of processed sugar. Technically is not raw because it has maple syrup and canned coconut milk, but it’s sooo delicious and still full of health benefits. If you want to keep it completely raw you can use raw coconut nectar and use the meat of a young Thai coconut, the texture will be different but equally delicious.