What can be better than a delicious hot chocolate in a cold day? a Mexican hot chocolate, this spicy cup of deliciousness can warm you up, even in the coldest day of the season.
Chocolate is one of the best superfoods out there, chocolate is very nutritious, I’m talking real chocolate, not junk candy, to get all the amazing health benefits of chocolate it’s best to consume it raw.
Chocolate is rich in iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, potassium, zinc and selenium. One of the best properties of chocolate, is its high antioxidant content. chocolate is loaded with organic compounds that are biologically active and function as antioxidants. These include polyphenols, flavanols, catechins, among others.
Cayenne pepper it’s been getting popularity, it’s a spice with many health benefits, it has anti-cold and flu agents, cayenne pepper aids in breaking up and moving congested mucus, offering you relief from flu symptoms.
I can’t leave my best friend cinnamon out, we use it soo much I should get my own tree (I wish). Cinnamon is high in a substance called cinnamaldehyde, which is responsible for most of its health benefits, contains large amounts of highly potent polyphenol antioxidants, it balances blood sugar and it’s essential oils qualify it as an “anti-microbial” food.
With all this goodness just in one drink, (not any drink a CHOCOLATE one) better go to the kitchen and make it, you can thank me later.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, cashew milk (or other plant based milk of choice)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Enjoyful Foods Cacao Drink
- A pinch of cayenne
- In a medium size pot, heat milk
- Add to a blender, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cacao drink mix, cayenne and sweetener of choice
- When milk is hot, add to the blender and blend for a minute, be careful, hot liquids can explode in the blender if you're not cautious.
- Serve hot, you can sprinkle with more cinnamon.