I’ve been in the mood for cauliflower, I love it but lately I’ve been craving it, I also have a huge amount of tomatoes and peppers from my CSA so what can be better than a colorful salad to combine everything in one dish?
The whole thing started with the idea of making cilantro lime cauliflower rice from my Eat Clean Fall Detox ( I’ve been tasting all the recipes now to have it available 10/2, if you can’t wait till the Fall program is out the Summer version is available till 10/1 ) but it changed quickly to this delicious salad.
Cauliflower and all the veggies from the cruciferous family are excellent to help us detoxing as well as they are packed with anti-oxidants, if you combine them with cilantro you have an amazing ally to protect your body’s health. You want more ideas on how to use cauliflower? what about my delicious cauliflower bread sticks.
Enjoy this tasty salad as it is or add some animal protein to it if you want. My handsome husband mixed it with tuna to increase the protein content.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 big beautiful and delicious heirloom tomato cut in small wedges
- 1 red sweet pepper chopped
- 1 yellow sweet pepper chopped
- 1 big handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- The juice of a lemon
- To make cauliflower rice processed florets in food processor being careful of not over processing it, it's better if you do it in batches
- Place cauliflower rice in a glass container and cover with boiling water for about 5 minutes ( it makes it tender but you can omit this and have it completely raw)
- Strain the cauliflower rice and squeeze it a little to remove excess water.
- Mix rice with the rest of ingredients, adjust flavors to your taste. Enjoy