Turmeric and ginger are well known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric has been used in Chinese and Indian medicine systems for thousands of years, it has shown being beneficial for the brain aiding with depression and even Alzheimer.
This two powerful spices have been used for culinary and medicinal purposes. Two of the most popular drinks make with ginger and turmeric are golden milk and jamu, this latte is a combination of them with a protein, healthy fats and selenium (Brazil nuts) boost, creating a creamy delicious drink, I used dates as the sweetener but you can use honey or maple syrup, if you need the drink to be low glycemic use coconut sugar or nectar.
- 2 C. cashew milk ( you can use any plant based milk)
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds (if you don't have a powerful blender grind them before you use them)
- 2 Brazil nuts
- 1 1/2 piece of fresh ginger
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Warm up the milk, don't let it boil if you want to keep your drink raw
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, blend till it's very smooth
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional)