As many of you know I’m a big fan of probiotics, I’m always looking for ways to keep my bugs happy and constantly growing, I think they’re one of the most important parts of a healthy body, if you want to read a little more about this beneficial bugs CLICK HERE. When I stop consuming dairy I started going to the stores looking for yogurt alternatives, soy was in that time the non-dairy option, to be honest I don’t like the taste of soy and the yogurt was not an exception, I stop having this delicious probiotic alternative till coconut yogurt got in the market, but there’s another issue, at least for me, there are too many ingredients that I don’t want. What did I end doing? my own. I use two different ways, for the first one I use a yogurt started, I get it HERE, the second way I use a probiotic capsule. Please keep in mind that coconut yogurt it’s not thick ( I don’t mind it) if you want you can strain it using this yogurt and cheese strainer.
- 1 BPA free can full fat coconut milk
- 1 yogurt started envelop or 1-2 probiotic capsules
- Warm up milk to 115 degrees
- Place milk in a mason jar or any glass jar with a lid, add yogurt starter mixing well
- Cover the jar and place it in the oven (off please) with the light on, between 8-16 hours, this time depends on how tangy you like the yogurt
- Move to your refrigerator, better consume in five days.