Yuca was a very important food in my childhood, my grandma used to prepare it fried with onions and tomatoes, and in soups. My love for yuca went dormant for few years, it’s having a great comeback in my lifestyle, and I can’t love it more.
Not eating grains have been a huge change, a very positive one, my inflammation has decreased a lot, and I have discovered many different and delicious alternatives for my favorite food staples. Read a little more about yuca HERE
This recipe is very simple, but sooo delicious, the original recipe is from predominately paleo pizza crust, I just did few little changes.
- 2 C. cooked yuca ( I buy it frozen and I steam it)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp palm shortening
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven at 350
- Chop yuca in small pieces, place yuca in a food processor. process it till pureed
- Add the rest of ingredients, process till a dough forms
- Place dough in a silicon Mat or parchment paper.
- With a rolling pin, roll out dough to about 1/2 inch thick
- Bake flat bread for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it rest few minutes, cut into squares, I get 6 pieces.
- Top with your favorite sandwich items. I love sauteed mushrooms, avocados, arugula and sprinkled with nutritional yeast.