Working mostly with women with an auto-immune condition, and following a mostly AIP myself for the last weeks, it’s been a journey of discovering new ingredients and possibilities, specially with a sweet tooth.
This recipe is not only very simple, but full of healthy fats and anti-oxidants, very important in a healing process. Give it a try, even if you don’t have any health issues or food sensitivities, they’re absolutely delicious, it’s difficult to think they’re good for you.
- 1 1/2 C. coconut butter
- 1/4 C. coconut oil
- 1 C. frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a double boiler melt coconut butter and coconut oil
- Add frozen blueberries to a small pot, bring them to a quick boil for a quick defrosting
- Add melted coconut butter and oil, blueberries, (including liquids) maple syrup and vanilla to a food processor, process till creamy
- Move the mix to molds, I used a silicon mini brownie tray
- Place them in the refrigerator till hard
- Remove the blueberry bites off the molds, storage in refrigerator.