I’ve been getting more people interested in nut free alternatives. When you follow any of my “Eat Clean Seasonal Detox Programs” you notice that all the recipes are nut free as well as free of other foods that can be causing inflammation.
I don’t have many problems with nuts as long as I eat them in the right way and not and big amounts, sometimes the tummy feels good if they’re not present. This morning I was craving chia pudding (well it’s one of our faves here), I made this simple nut free, full of nutrients and with a good content of protein chia pudding, plus it’s very delicious. If chia pudding is your thing try this blueberry coconut chia pudding or High protein chia breakfast pudding
This pudding has mesquite, I’m obsessed with it right now, the fruit is very popular in my Country, it’s very special that I never liked it, it’s smell got me off, also I had no idea of the amazing health benefits. Mesquite has been re-introduced in my life, this time in powder form. Mesquite is high in protein, low on the glycemic index, and a good source of soluble fiber, This gluten-free powder is also a good source of calcium, iron, lysine, manganese, zinc, and potassium. And something very important for me, it tastes super good. If you haven’t tried mesquite I advise you to go for it, you can get it HERE
- 3 Cups coconut milk
- 6 pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp mesquite powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup goji berries (optional) you can use any other berry
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- Add to a blender milk, dates, mesquite,maca and pumpkin seeds.
- Blend till very smooth. Set aside
- Add to a glass container or mason jar shredded coconut, chia seeds, berries and hemp seeds
- Pour the mix from the blender in the glass container, mix everything very well to be sure the chia seeds are separated, if you're using a mason jar just cover it and shake it well.
- Let it rest for about 2 hours or overnight.