Just having some fun with our lunch Today.
I made this simple dish in about half hour. We love quinoa, an amazing source of protein, I served it with Shiitake mushrooms and avocado.
- Quinoa layer
- 1 C. quinoa (washed well, rinsed and drained)
- 2 C. water
- Salt to taste
- Shiitake Layer
- 1 L. shiitake mushrooms stalks removed
- 4 stalks of green onions chopped in small pieces
- 6 garlic scapes (you can use garlic instead) chopped
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Coconut Aminos
- Avocado Layer
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- Juice of a 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Bring water to a boil with salt, when boiling add quinoa, let it cook till all water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- In a cast iron pan melt coconut oil, saute onions and garlic scapes, add mushrooms saute for about five minutes add the Aminos and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Mix all the avocado layer ingredients.
- To make the tower use a ring placing it in the center of your plate, start adding the quinoa, pack it well to be sure you don't have air spaces, add the mushrooms followed by avocado mix.
- Remove the ring. I topped it with some homemade salsa.