It’s so cold here that I just want to be under warm blankets with my boys, watching TV and having a warm soup. At least I can have the soup part, and what a soup, this bowl of magic it’s all I need right now to elevate my spirit (I’m sure you’re going to feel the same way).
This soup has a good balance of healthy fats, and warming spices, combined with the anti-oxidants and amazing anti-inflammatory benefits of winter squashes.This delicious soup is also suitable for all the people that are following my Detox or lean Out programs.
- 2 C. acorn squash cubes
- 2 C. butternut squash cubes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 C. vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 C. coconut milk ( 1 BPA free full fat can coconut milk)
- 1/2 -1 tsp curry powder
- 1/3 C. cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon skin grated
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large pot, sauté onions, carrot, and garlic in coconut oil.
- Add curry, cayenne pepper if using and salt
- Add squashes, vegetable broth and coconut milk
- Simmer for 20 minutes or more till the squashes are soft.
- Add lemon skin, lemon juice and cilantro.
- Make it creamy using an immersion blender or a regular blender.
NOTE: You can also add the cilantro after the soup is blended before you serve it