Who doesn’t like ice cream? it’s something magic about it.
The first thing I did when I knew I had to remove dairy off my diet was to buy an ice cream machine, I couldn’t imagine not having one of my favorite treats. The best thing of making my own non dairy ice cream is that I can use fresh and healthy ingredients that serve my body. Eating ice cream that is packed with nutrients is a real pleasure not only for the taste buds but for your whole body.
Making your own ice cream not only will give you the power of choosing what’s in it, but it will save your valuable body from unnecessary fillers, gums, sugar, artificial flavors, colors and preservatives.
This ice cream is packed with anti-oxidants an essential part of optimal health.
If your body does not get adequate protection, free radicals can become rampant, causing your cells to perform poorly. This can lead to tissue degradation and put you at risk of diseases. This is where antioxidants come in.
Antioxidants are electron donors. They can break the free radical chain reaction by sacrificing their own electrons to feed free radicals, but without turning into free radicals themselves.
Antioxidants are nature’s way of providing your cells with adequate defense against attack by reactive oxygen species (ROS). As long as you have these important micronutrients, your body will be able to resist aging caused by your everyday exposure to pollutants. If you don’t have an adequate supply of antioxidants to help squelch free radicals, then you can be at risk of oxidative stress, which leads to accelerated tissue and organ damage. (1)
- 1 C. cashews
- 1 C. water
- 2 C. berries of choice
- 1/4 C. maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 C. coconut oil
- Blend all ingredients but coconut oil in a blender till creamy
- Add coconut oil, blend till the oil is incorporated evenly
- Add mix to ice cream machine, follow manufacturer instructions
- If you don't have an ice cream machine, place the mix in the freezer for about an hour, remove from freezer, blend in blender or food processor, bring back to freezer.
- Eat it plain or with your favorite toppings. I topped mine with raw chocolate, YUMMY.