There’s always an excuse to eat chocolate, and more when I’m convinced chocolate is a food group and a very necessary one. This weekend is Valentine’s day and even if I eat chocolate all the time it’s a good reason to create something amazing, this raw vegan bark has everything you need to consider it a complete food, at least under my standards.
Chocolate is an amazing food if it’s eaten raw and not loaded with sugar and dairy, it’s the food with the highest magnesium content and loaded with anti-oxidants that’s why the Aztecs referred to it as the God’s food. If you want to enjoy the benefits of this amazing superfood, eat it raw, this recipe is a good sample that something so delicious can be good for you.
- 1 1/2 C. raw cacao butter
- 1 1/2 C. raw cacao powder
- 1/4 C. coconut nectar
- 1/4 C. maple syrup
- 40 - 60 drops vanilla stevia
- 1/2 C.raisins
- 1/2 C. goji berries
- 1/2 C. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans
- 1/4 C. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C. hemp seeds
- Melt cacao butter in a double boiler, be careful it doesn't get too hot, when melted turn the heat to low
- Add cacao powder mixing well till the cacao is all combined
- Add sweeteners, dry fruits, nuts and seeds mixing everything till all ingredients are very well combined
- Spread the mix uniformly in a cookie sheet prepared with a silicone mat or BPA free plastic
- Place the sheet in the refrigerator till gets hard
- Break it in desirable sizes
- Storage in a glass container in the refrigerator.
NOTE: You can use any nuts, seeds and dry fruits that you like or that you have in your pantry.