We’re in the middle of winter here and it’s so cold I don’t even want to get my butt out of the house, this Morning I walked Chaska only three blocks, my hands were sooo cold I couldn’t go forward, I don’t do good with cold weather I can’t wait for those days that are still cool but not deadly.
This time of the year I only crave root vegetables and in the last week broccoli and cauliflower, I love my salads, but soups, roasted vegetables and comfort dishes are my faves right now.
I love sweet potatoes everything, this time I was craving puree, I’m not a big fun of regular potatoes, I eat them some times but they’re not my thing.
I decided to make sweet potato puree and let me tell you, it was delicious, I topped it with tofu and vegetables and served it with avocado and sunflower sprouts.
- Sweet Potato Puree
- 1 Medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp coconut oil (you can add more or avoid it completely)
- 1/4 tsp coconut palm nectar (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Breaded Tofu
- 1 Block extra firm tofu sliced in 6 pieces
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- salt and pepper.
- Clean the sweet potato, I don't like to peel it, the skin has a lot of goodness, just scratch it a little with the knife.
- Steam it, puree it and add the rest of ingredients.
- For the Breaded tofu. Mix all the ingredients but tofu in a flat dish, cover each piece of tofu with the mix on both sides
- Fry it in a very hot cast iron pan with coconut oil (can use any other non-stick pan).
- Top the sweet potatoes puree with tofu and water saute or steam veggies.