I was enjoying a delicious cup of ginger tea when I realized how important ginger has became in my kitchen, I cooked with ginger a lot, I love the flavor but also for it’s great health benefits. it’s amazing how a humble root is so powerful and versatile.
With so many health benefits, it makes sense to start adding it more to your dishes, or as simple as making a daily glass of ginger tea.
Ginger tea is good for the digestive system, to improve chronic pain and inflammation, it can help to ease migraines, helps with circulation, ( it thins the blood, if you’re under blood thinners you have to check with your doctor about drinking ginger tea) effective during infections such as colds or respiratory tract infections and supports the immune system.
If you’re ready to give ginger tea a try I have this super easy recipe.
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 -2 C. boiling water
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, or to taste
- Honey or coconut nectar to taste
- Place grated ginger into a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Add boiling water and let it rest for ten minutes, after the ten minutes strain it and serve it in your favorite mug with lemon and honey. If you're not vegan or have problems with your sugar levels it's really good to use the honey, even more if you're drinking your tea to help you with a cold or flu.