These muffins are so delicious I can’t eat enough of them. I have two obsessions lately, plantain flour and essential oils. I grew up with plantains they’re a big part of our gastronomy, we eat them both green and ripe, in many different dishes. Lately green plantains are a staple in my kitchen, the flour not very popular yet is delicious but a little tricky to bake with it, when cools down starts getting hard and dry, it took few attempts to get these spongy and super moist muffins, you can storage them in the refrigerator and they don’t lose they’re softness.
The second special ingredient in these muffins is Orange essential oil, I’ve been looking for the right essential oils to use in my kitchen and I finally found the best ones, I’m all over these oils, get prepare for more recipes with them.
- 1 C. platain flour
- 1 C. almond flour
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 BPA free can coconut milk
- 1 C. frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 C. banana or pumpkin puree
- 6 drops of orange essential oil
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees
- Prepare a 12 muffin pan with coconut oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Set to the side
- In a medium size bowl beat the eggs
- Add coconut milk and puree to the eggs mixing well
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixed. be sure to mix everything well but don't over work it.
- Add blueberries and orange essential oil.
- Fill the muffin pan with mix.
- Place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or till a tooth pick comes clean
- When ready get muffins out of the oven and let them rest for 5-10 minutes, get them off the muffin pan and move them to a cooling rack.
- If you don't eat them all, they can be stored in the refrigerator.