Garbanzo beans are an amazing food if you can tolerate them, they’re rich in both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber making them an excellent weight loss aid, they’re packed with protein and keep you satisfied longer helping you to control your appetite.
Unfortunately as much as I like them they don’t like me back. That’s when the overload of Summer squash I got from my CSA comes handy, I made this delicious hummus, so good that even David didn’t notice it was not made with garbanzos, it comes out thinner than it’s original version but for the rest you can be sure people won’t notice this tummy friendly hummus is not what they’re used to eat. When you make this hummus you’re also increasing your intake of veggies, many times it’s very difficult to fulfill the vegetables serving during the day. Give it a try you’ll be surprised and your tummy will be very happy.
- 2 large Summer squash cut in cubes
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/2 C. lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 C. tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender or food processor till very smooth.
- Adjust the flavor if necessary.
- Keep in refrigerator in a glass container, it keeps good for about four days.